Helpful Hints for Taking the Course
- The textbook Basic Medical Language, 7th Edition, will be shipped to you from Elsevier Publishing in approximately 5-7 days. You can click on Lesson 1 now (below) and explore your course while waiting for your textbook to arrive.
- You will earn a printable Medical Terminology Academy certificate by completing the course with an 80% average on the lesson quizzes.
- The course is “go at your own pace.” There is no time limit to start or finish. Visit the lessons as often as you like.
- For assistance navigating the course or understanding course content, click Author Support.
- For assistance in signing up for the textbook online practice website, call Elsevier Technical Support at 1-800-222-9570.
Read About Course Materials
Course materials come to you through three sources: the academy where you are now, your textbook, and your textbook online practice website.
Sign Up for Your Textbook Online Practice Website (Optional)
To create an account and register for this online site called Evolve Practice Resources, follow the instructions in your textbook on Preface page Xiii. You will need to allow cookies and unblock pop-up windows.
If difficulties arise, please: Call Technical Support at 1-800-222-9570.
To avoid signing in each time, bookmark the link. Also, remember to record your username and password.
Let's Get Started
- The course consists of 12 Lessons.
- Each Lesson consists of six or more Topics and one Quiz.
- Look to the top of the left-hand column for your progress and grades.
Click on Lesson 1 in the Course Content below, and begin.